Media picker

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Thanks for the great module. The feature I miss the most is an integration between the media picker and inserting an image in the content.

It's not a big problem, but it makes the editing a bit cumbersome.

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Hi Kelthar,

That's my #1 feature to implement. That's basically why I ended up taking over from the original author Usagi who was unable to continue work, and also why I moved the project to Codeplex in case anybody else wanted to help.

I've started developing proper plugin support on a separate branch, the idea being that make media picker integration somewhat easier.

Unfortunately I don't have any timescales for completing this, as other projects have taken priority. But, it wouldn't be ridiculously hard to do a basic integration without plugin support, so if you're at all familiar with Javascript development and wanted to have a go at doing it, it would be a welcome contribution! :)

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I Second this...  the biggest disappointment right now is the use of TinyMCE for the HTMl editor.  It is way too anemic.   The only thing that keeps us on TinyMCE is the media integration... CKEditor with media plugin would be the cat's a**

Thanks for your effort,

Brent

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I find that TinyMCE has all sorts of weird behavior (using Chrome as a browser - if that's the problem). 

What I have found myself doing is switching to TinyMCE from CKEditor whenever I need to use Media Picker.  Some extra steps, but worth it to keep using this module.

Thanks @randompete for this great module.

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM

remesq,

Orchard's media system allows you to copy-and-paste an img embed tag - it might be quicker just to do that rather than switching TinyMCE on and off.

Anyway, thanks for your comments :)