Changed smiles

May 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Edited May 25, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Hey! This is a little fix, changing smiles from CKEditor Module for Orchard.

1) Download this archive - http://stefantsov.ru/Media/smiles.zip

2) Delete all pictures from \Modules\CKEditor\Scripts\ckeditor\plugins\smiley\images, and copy smiles from archive

3) Replace ckeditor.js in \Modules\CKEditor\Scripts\ckeditor from archive

4) Profit

Sorry for my English. This is post from my Russian-speaking blog, there you can see screen-shot of new smiles - http://stefantsov.ru/blog/change-smiles-ckeditor

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Edited May 25, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the input!

What I'd like to do with the CK module is provide ways that you can extend CKEditor using additional Orchard modules. So an example would be packaging up those smilies in a separate module that you could release on the Orchard Gallery.

One thing - it's not advisable to replace ckeditor.js because it WILL get overwritten in future releases, when CKEditor itself is updated. Actually there's now a CKEditor 3.5.4 so this will happen soon.

You haven't actually given a link to the download so I can't see what changes you made. Was it just changing config? You can already customize CKEditor.Config.cshtml in your own modules - but I want to add a more flexible configuration system soon.

Pete

May 25, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Sorry for archive - I have corrected the link.

I don't know how to create a full-module for CKEditor, I've just replace smiles and they id smiley_descriptions in ckeditor.js.

You can improve this or add in your new build, as you wish :)

P.s. the author of these smiles unknown.

p.p.s my English is poor :(

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Thanks, I'll take a look. You could probably just copy CKEditor.Config.cshtml into your own theme, and add the smiley config in there. But I think in the future there will be an ICKEditorConfigProvider interface that you can use to customize config more flexibly.